Translate

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Widgets

Ronaldo receives record fourth Golden Shoe Award

ronaldo-real-madrid-golden-boot_3363271


     Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo has collected a record fourth Golden Shoe award at a ceremony on Tuesday, after scoring 48 goals in the 2014/2015 season.

The prize is usually given to Europe’s highest goal scorer and the Portugal captain beat rival Lionel Messi, who scored 43 times, to the award.


“I never planned on winning four times. Maybe one or two yes but never four,” Ronaldo said while receiving the award along with his family members.


“I always want more. I know I am the only one to have four but I want more. That implies winning trophies with the world’s greatest club.


“This year will be no different and we want to win La Liga, the Cup and the Champions League. I hope we see each other again next year.”

Ronaldo has previously won the award once at Manchester United and twice at Madrid.

The 30-year-old was recently honoured by the La Liga side, for overtaking legend Raul, as their all-time top goal scorer.



Source: guardian 

Widgets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Advertisement